Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Buenos Aires, Argentina (cinco)

So, my flatmate and I just ordered in some ice-cream and it was super delicious! We ordered half a kilo and ate the whole lot. We chose dulce de leche (standard in Argentina), chocolate torta and another darker chocolate that I can't remember the name of. If you don't know what dulce de leche is then I will be happy to explain what I know about it: it translates roughly as sweet milk/sweet made of milk, tastes a bit like fudge but creamier and with a more syrupy consistency, and it's bloody good.

Earlier today I went to MALBA (Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires) and it's a great gallery, a little on the small side and lacking in posctards but otherwise really fantastic; the building is light and airy and there's a good collection of modern art from the last century or so. I particularly enjoyed the temporary exhibition they have on at the moment by Cristina Piffer, and the installation that doubled as benches, which had slats spreading out and climbing up the walls like creepers of ivy.




















I'm pretty excited about the next week or so, I'm going to Colonia (in Uruguay) next week with Fran for the day, and then the weekend after I'm going to Iguazu to see the falls. BA has been good fun so far but it'll be nice to do some travelling!

No comments: